Microsphere 10 01 81
EPORE offers microsphere obtained through a wet gravitational method from slag and bottom ash and slag mixtures. A microsphere is a spherical particle made of aluminosilicate glass and filled with carbon dioxide and nitrogen. In terms of mineral composition, a microsphere includes crystalline phases (such as quartz and mullite). Chemical composition is similar to that of fly ash.
Due to their properties, such as high temperature resistance, neutral environmental impact, good thermal and acoustic insulation and low specific gravity, microspheres are a very valuable material.
Examples of miscrosphere application:
- production of thermo-insulation materials,
- production of refractory materials,
- in construction sector (special cements, mortars),
- in the cosmetic industry,
- as plastics filling agent.