EPO light broken aggregate made of boiler slag
EPO aggregate is obtained during a mechanical treatment of boiler slag. Its granulation is up to 6.3 mm. Technical and strength parameters of the EPO aggregate are equal to and even exceed those of natural aggregate. It offers a number of advantages such as high compaction ability and strength. Another one is its bulk density of less than 1100 kg per 1 m3 (in vibrated condition). This enables major transport savings, which, combined with a low price of the aggregate itself, considerably reduces investment costs.
Aggregate is a material which is not subject to major physical, chemical or biological transformations and its commercial use is not environmentally hazardous.
EPO aggregate is commonly used by the biggest civil engineering companies. It complies with the requirements of PN-S-02205: 1998 (Vehicle roads. Earthworks Requirements and tests) for the application to earthworks.
EPO aggregate is used for:
- base course and sub-base in road building,
- road drainage layer,
- square and pavement base course,
- paving block levelling bed,
- backfilling of ducts and systems in sanitary and sewage networks,
- civil engineering,
- dirt and forest road hardening,
- road embankment building,
- land levelling,
- soil stabilisation,
- production of ceramic products,
- additive to light concrete,
- reclamation and micro-levelling of degraded areas.